Summer Showers
Tuesday, November 05, 2002
  Why do I have to call this spot Summer showers? Firstly, even beyond the realms of logic, I love the phrase. Giving it a good amount of thought I realise, from where I come from we have enough and more of both ... Summer and showers. And as it is with everything, our city has too much of these. From times when the downpour doesn't even give you a moment's respite leaving you caught in an island that you never knew you inhabited... to moments when you look like you've been taken straight out of a stove after a barbecue when you so wistfully look at the blue thatch far above... asking it to release the dark clouds for a while atleast as a screen saver... then do they arrive,
an aroma that can never be matched, exuding life into every living cell on earth. You suddenly see the flowers blooming, the grass greener and for one moment, you see all souls closing their eyes, forgetting their physical existence.. feeling one with the spirit of Nature. Such is the magic of summer showers.
For me.. it stands for the respite that I always long for, the serenity that only nature could possess, the touch of magic that brings life into even the dead and the rotten. It stands for all the little things that I remember having done as a boy, a hot cup of tea, indoor cricket, my brother, paper boats in the puddles, blossoming buds that I used to give my mom, the damp soil that was our lords and the oval, my first poem, my first classroom where water found its way to my desk thru the thatched roofs, my dances in the rain and the cold that followed .... and the illusions that stayed beside me when it rained. So much beauty in my life.. and I just didn't notice. Just to paraphrase Forrest gump, I've never named a spot before. But when I was asked to. I couldn't think of any other name. The sweetest name I've heard .. Summer showers.
I don't miss anything.. Neither home nor Mom nor love.. Now I realise I do... I miss life. 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, India

Subjectively firm, objectively flexible and metaphysically malleable

ARCHIVES
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002 / 11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002 / 12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003 / 01/01/2003 - 02/01/2003 / 02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003 / 03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003 / 04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003 / 08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003 /


Powered by Blogger