Summer Showers
Sunday, December 15, 2002
  Bang on time! Savouring my last chance to get something in here for this week. I've been tinkering with a "purposeful" piece of text for the whole of last week. During the early hours of today Morning, I was reading about creative limitations that writers put on themselves (Was interesting for a maverick like me, to read that striving for rhyme actually intensifies the feelings expressed in a poem, for working within limits gives you fewer options and hence gets the best - So does Robert frost think) relating it with genres of scripts and why do scriptwriters get their stuff out of the same mould. That elusive seed of thought still is playing cat and mouse with me... my own original idea. These days, it's become a habit of sorts to get the definition right for whatever Iam trying to say. Talk of a script... Now, I realise I've two roads before me .. One where I can walk on the beaten path, where the best have trampled further seedlings of thought, and try finding some life .. a glimpse never observed .. a whiff never caught .. and call it my "mid summernight's dream" . The other is the road less travelled ... the vision of a paranoid, where god is schizophrenic and the logic of any event is cemented by the sheer fact that it happened. The world built on an abstraction of thought that you define and limit. There's this sentence that I've written on my mind's mirror that reads "You aren't doing enough"... Everytime I see myself deep within, I suddenly see infinite mirrors before me that culminates in a view - The contours are hazy, the description vague... the curiosity mounts and suddenly, I see people around me... and then I see myself... Myself as the world sees me, the fallible and imperfect human ... the lines that separates reality, dreams and truth become obscure and then starts the infinite chaos.... a psychotic experiment. The lights dim.. it's a dark room, I search to feel something around me fishing into vacuum with my hands ... I remember I had fever when I felt this for the first time... the first time? I don't remember. Suddenly, seems like a chamber of rooms .. and each room houses a nightmare of mine. I come to a point where you can't verbalise what you feel coz' you have never felt something like that before ... you look for all imperfect similies but fail to find one.... I rush to the door out, run a mile ... see the skies changing color ..and get back to the same crossroads from where I started. I catch myself staring at the mirror rubbing the stubbles on my cheek. Yet another day to live ... I sometimes see people dying to save life for the next day and do this every day ... kill themselves to stay alive tomorrow.... but never realise that tomorrow never comes.... "You can't do this to yourself" as she often tells me.But this is as I see it ... life through the eyes of wide-eyed kid.. the world from behind a stained glass :) 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, India

Subjectively firm, objectively flexible and metaphysically malleable

ARCHIVES
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002 / 11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002 / 12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003 / 01/01/2003 - 02/01/2003 / 02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003 / 03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003 / 04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003 / 08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003 /


Powered by Blogger