Summer Showers
Saturday, December 21, 2002
  Good work Rathish! You are the man :) And yet again Iam not going to tell this spot that I've nothing much to deliver. I guess, this presents me with an excellent chance of cutting down my cliches, foghorns, and the same rotten shit! (oops!) There has been a severe calculation error here .. when they started talking of the holidays marking Joyeux Noel and the Bonne Anne, I calculated them to be 13 times 24 (now what's that! 312 bingo!!) hours just for myself. But I failed to realise that the dissipation of time is exponentially proportional to the number of people around. And the much savoured possibility of having an apartment for myself goes into smoke following the sudden change in plans of a snake with the dry venom! So... all my plans, books and the guitar, I guess, would rot in the dank cellar of my room. Now, that's a pity.. for the last 100 words that I've written the only time I stopped to think was to do the arithmetic. I know what this piece of writing should be called .. shit at the speed of light! Oh boy! Iam going crazy... there's nothing Rathish! Tone it down.... learn to live your life to the fullest .. growing up is not a tight lipped military course where you can't afford to smile!
Anyways .. in the last few days I realised how much I hate losing. I think it's one portfolio where I have to improve. I just realised when tom hanks saw thru the 2 inch window of his space ship that I wouldn't have been able to do it, coz' Iam this man of Heart and not of the mind. And now for that Ideal one that I want to be... this wouldn't work. And when pulling up my socks, I was asking myself if I've ever been more productive or happier. I always have this insecurity about happiness.. along with it creeps the fear of losing it. And whenever I wanna smile till my ears, I stop and check myself coz this negative Me tells me it's too early to rejoice! And now again Iam searching for instances in my mind's ark when I lost my smile to the blowing wind and sat and wept for it alone in the dark. I realise how lifeless this walk would have been had I not been able to see my lines come to life .. I can now see myself, from on top, sitting under a lone lamp post and crying .. the papers flying across in tune with the wild wind.. and the world as I see it ends where the lights dim and beyond that is darkness....
Everytime I start writing here ... I would have one phrase that I would want to use, and I culminate my note with those chosen words. Now when Iam reading what I've written, I realise how true Robert frost was when he talked of working within limits ... and hence shall I take upon myself the task of making sense to the masses at large and at the same time relishing the poetic insincerities of the maverick! Au revoir! 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, India

Subjectively firm, objectively flexible and metaphysically malleable

ARCHIVES
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002 / 11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002 / 12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003 / 01/01/2003 - 02/01/2003 / 02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003 / 03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003 / 04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003 / 08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003 /


Powered by Blogger