Summer Showers
Saturday, January 04, 2003
  And just when I thought, there couldn't have been a duller week than what walked on my corpse .... the skies above called out for a wonderful display! For the first time in the history of this place (to be read as the last few years), it snowed.. and boy! it snowed big time!! It all started sometime in the afternoon, when we saw a few white flakes disappearing into the grounds below .. An hour later, grimacing at my options on tv with a hot coffee mug in my hand, I looked out to see one of the most beautiful sights I've ever set eyes upon. It was like my window led me to the worlds where the snow white lay on a bed of roses, where hansel and gretel dropped their crumbs of bread, and where evil spirits spit deaths and as they walked along in search of lives and blood in the middle of a walt disney set.. And soon we started out on a car in search of the lands lost in snow. And were they beautiful... It was all white till what our eyes could reach. Never realised, a monochrome world would look so breathtaking and would evoke such sentiments deep inside. Everything around us seemed dead.. it was like a battlefield after the ruins .. only that the blood and gore were in white. I could almost hear the dying creepers crying out of pain. But, it was beautiful. Seems inhuman right now when I think about it. But then I was looking at the roses and not at the coffins.
Not just beautiful.. but so "miserably" romantic. When the plants on the creek went white with the snow amidst the waters turning black with weeds down below, you look at your footprints in the path behind and sorely miss those that should have been beside. There are few things in this world more romantic than watching the snow painting a serene picture on your window, when you stand beside your bed ...and those few things being, going out on a ride and making faces with snow to carve a smile on the face that you shall never get tired of seeing, leaving a slight creek in the window for the bed to get colder, for her to say, "Rathish, it's so cold" and for you to say,"Oh yeah.. let me hug you tighter!" and kiss her gently when the night is still young, standing under a huge pine treee hugging her while it's snowing all around you and when she frets about her wet hair and adjusts her cap the way only she could, your eyes stay fixed on her till she notices and asks you, "what?" and you lie again ..."You look so beautiful!" ;) and when in the middle of the night you lie in eachother's arms sweating, when it's snowing outside... you look into her eyes and say "I love you" and couldn't have meant it more. I wonder how lifeless my life would have been without these illusions. So many times, I feel they complete me - and make me what Iam.
A sigh! and it's all I've right now... I look outside my window beyond the snow... at the stars ... asking them when it shall dawn. "Soon!" they say! .. Soon! 
Comments:
Soon it is!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, India

Subjectively firm, objectively flexible and metaphysically malleable

ARCHIVES
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002 / 11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002 / 12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003 / 01/01/2003 - 02/01/2003 / 02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003 / 03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003 / 04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003 / 08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003 /


Powered by Blogger